Fucoidan is a component found in brown algae and seaweed. It is a sulfated polysaccharide, which in clinical studies (over 1300 in the US National Institute of Medicine) has shown the following properties:
- Enhances apoptosis, the breakdown of abnormal cells
- Antioxidants and Free Radical Scavenging
- Anti-inflammatory and Immunomodulatory Actvities (Arthritis relief)
- Inhibition of Tumor Cell Growth (prevents new blood vessel growth)
- Hypolipidaemic and Hypoglycaemic Properties
- Anticoagulant and Antithrombotic Activity
- Biolubricant Properties
- Inhibits metastasis (spread of abnormal cells)
Not only does Fucopia provide a rich source of fucoidan for your pet, it also provides over 60 bioavailable minerals, vitamins, fiber and phytonutrients. It is also a rich source of Omega-3's, which help with allergies, skin conditions, heart disease, lymphoma, arthritis and kidney function.
The makes of Fucopia felt that this substance should be available for pets, in a palatable easy to administer product that can give our pets the same benefits as humans. Unlike "kelp" supplements for pets, which can be made from any species of seaweed, Fucopia only uses species of seaweed with safe levels of iodine and natural blood thinners. It also helps that most pets find Fucopia tasty, and enjoy the small amount needed mixed in with their daily wet food.
Fucopia is made from 100% human food grade seaweed. After all, our pets are family, aren't they? We believe in giving them the same quality of ingredients we use ourselves!